January 6, 2014 by MsDailyLife
Metha, ID – The New Year offers an opportunity to start things on a fresh slate. It is the period for letting go of the old to make way for the new. If you have been going round in circles previously, it is time to let go of the energies that have kept you stuck. If you have been distracted along the way last year, it is time to once again set your priorities straight.
Thus, the turn of a new year represents hope. Hope is energy that renews you. It is an infusion of energy that moves you forward. Your eyes sparkle with promise when you have hope. Hope makes you come alive.
There are many ways that you can start the New Year on a positive note. Some may involve days of thinking over, whereas others a physical action. Here are 21 of my favorite ones:
1. Create a Vision Board. Making a vision board allows you the opportunity to clarify the picture in your mind that you would like to manifest. You are to ask yourself what it is that you truly want. Applying visioning techniques thereafter, helps you set the energetic alignment that will bring your dream forward.
2. Clear out the pyhsical clutter. Get rid of the clutter, in order to make space for the new. There is no way that you can shift into a more positive state if you are saddled with old energies. Consider following the traditional custom of the Chinese. With good timing, the Chinese has the custom of cleaning up the household just prior to Chinese New Year. The first day of Chinese New Year (CNY) starts on January 23 this year and lasts for 15 days. Hence, all cleaning and clearing of clutter has to be made before the Eve of CNY.
3. Energy cleanse. There is no better time to do some energy clearing work, if you are hoping to start things on a clean slate. Identify the blocks that keep you in resistance.
4. Create an Affirmation or Positive Script. Write out a script of positive affirmations that you would like to repeat on a daily basis. The use of affirmations is a great way to help reframe your mind, especially if you are in the habit of cultivating negative thoughts. The more you repeat the affirmations, the more powerful their effect on you over time.
5. Create a Bucket List. A Bucket List is a list of items that you would like to accomplish before you “kick the bucket”. Thereafter, during the year, check off the items on your list as you complete them.
6. Make Healthy Meal Choices. If you have been making unhealthy food choices, it is time to make a change. Do not procrastinate your plan on eating well and properly. Your resolution can be as simple as “no more candy” or “limit fried foods to two times a week”.
7. Create an Exercise Plan. So you have been sitting on your couch after work, pretty much last year? Switch off your television, stop snacking on chips and get up to exercise. (i know this is gonna be hard for the first time, but it have to be forced!) 🙂
8. Sign up for some Self-Improvement Program. There are many programs that you can sign up for self-help and improvement.
9. Meditate. A meaningful way to start the new year is to meditate. Better yet, meditate in a group for extra vibrational power. Set up a healing circle. Send out loving energies to all. Make the intention for more love, joy and abundance for the new year.
10. Start a New Bussiness. Economic downturns offer the best opportunity for starting a business. Costs such as rental, employee and materials are relatively cheaper. It may also be possible to get more tax breaks. If you have just been retrenched or thinking of a second career, the new year may just be the best time to get your new business idea going.
11. Celebrate with Fresh Drink. Celebrate the new year on a joyous note. You can celebrate it with a party or just by being with your family. It does not matter if the previous year has turned out to be a lousy one. The past is already gone. You can learn from your mistakes. You start the new year with renewed vision.
12. Look Into Feng Shui Elements. Learn to use Feng Shui on how you can improve your success, health and wealth. Maybe it is to do with shifting the position of your bed or putting a good luck charm in your living room.
13. Change the Color of Your Wardrobe. Start the new year by aligning with the energy of change. Used to wearing black or something dull? Well, add some color to your wardrobe this year. Experience a state shift when you play with colors.
14. Volunteer Your Time. A meaningful way to start the year is to spend time in the company of those who need some kindness and care. It may be home for the elderly, an orphanage or some charitable organization. You align with the vibration of love.
15. Be a Sponsor. Consider sponsoring someone who is less fortunate as you. The idea is to provide a specific person with resources to break free from his or her limiting circumstances. Naturally, you do it unconditionally and not expecting anything back in return.
16. Journal. Journaling is a great way to keep records about your thoughts or feelings. The process offers you emotional release. Having written records also allows you the opportunity to review the changes that you have made and to track your self-improvement progress over time.
17. Propose. Maybe you have been holding off for a while but it now time to think longer time. Bring your relationship to the next level by proposing to the person of your dreams. Make plans to start a life together. (I got this tip from my brother, who is getting married in the new year!)
18. Practice Forgiveness. Give the year a loving start by forgiving those with whom you have borne a grudge. Forgiveness releases you from the toxic energies of hatred. It heals you by reconnecting you back with the present, allowing you to experience a new beginning.
19. Choose to be a Leader. Rather than remain in the background, it is time to step-up. Go beyond your discomfort zone and be a leader for a change. It is time to wing the job promotion that you have been hoping for but miss in the last year.
20. Start a Blog. Starting a blog is not as terrifying as it seems. Sure there is lots to learn and do. But there are also many tutorials out there with getting started.
21. Love Yourself. My favorite tip of all. To be able to live fully in the new year, you really need to start by loving yourself. Start with some self-care actions. Best of all, beat years of self-criticism, self-rejection and self-denial by purchasing Self-Love Secrets.